It is amazing how much mental effort it is taking. I am trying to anticipate our needs for 12 weeks and am going slightly
We have been powering ahead with the trip planning.
So far I/we have
- booked a motel in Port Augusta. We will be too tired to set up the camper there and it will be too cold I have decided.
- booked an underground motel and mine tour in Coober Pedy.
- booked a couple of nights at Uluru campground. This will be our first camping spot for the trip.
- booked a couple of nights in Alice Springs. I plan to get there and wash clothes like a mad woman. Look out grey nomads the washer and dryer are mine!
- Booked 3 nights in a place called Gemtree, and booked a fossicking tour to look for garnets.
- After that, who knows. I guess we will have relaxed a bit and will be happy to kind of go with the flow.
Around the house I have started some packing.
We are each limited to one tub each for clothes for 3 months. Arrghh.
Those of you who know me would not be surprised to learn that each tub will be labelled with a visual and name.
There has also been a bit of labeling of other tubs.
- I have reorganized the medicine box.
- Checked the first aid kit and added some wide bandages in case of snake bite (heaven forbid).
- Gone through 2 out of 3 children's wardrobes to set aside clothes they have grown out of attempted to put aside some to pack.
- Washed all the towels and bedding for the camper.
- Packed the coats and winter woollies.
- Packed the sun hats, sunscreens and insect repellent. If anyone knows a good repellent that does not contain DEET, I would love to hear about it.
- Vacumed the car and installed rubber matting over all the carpet including the back. (for now it's no longer a 7 seater)
Not a bad effort I say!
Now I am off to do more washing and ironing. Clothes sorting and start to get the food tubs organised. I also need to do the swimming stuff and the children's entertainment eg DVD's, mp3's, paper pens etc.