Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Port Augusta to Coober Pedy

Day two, Port Augusta to Coober Pedy.


Now we are talking!
After seeing the inside of a motel room and a supermarket to stock up of fruit and vegies. We were off.

Poor Mr M. had to contend with me calling out "slow down" at road signs and me wanting to go back to a sign that said "Outback".


Day two, just look at the view from the car.
There was just so much sky.



Not being an early bird, I was not prepared for such wonderful morning views.

We think this is looking back over to the Flinders Ranges.

Morning tea break

We headed into Woomera for morning tea. A military rocket testing facility that has only been open to the public since 1982. A quieter cleaner town, you would be hard pressed to find.
The only people we saw were other tourists, and hooray, lots of them had camper trailers like us!



Just blending in!


I must say ladies, the place was ahem...


rather packed with...


Lots of ...


Rocketty things!


And other stuff that was from rockets.

Then it was back in the car for more driving to the amazing town that is
Coober Pedy.

More on that at our next blogging stop.

The Moerks

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen that part of the country so it's very interesting! Coober Peedy sounds great...did someone say opals?....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so privledged to follow your journey from day 1, isn't the landscape amazing. Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sky photos , you may inspire me to hit the road also. My hubby would be thrilled !
    Karyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost makes me want to pack up and go on a road trip! But why put myself through the torture of packing up the family when we can join you via the blog? Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to be able to follow along on your wonderful trip. I spent an Easter in Woomera once...it's a long story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos of Lulu on magee (or mageemagoo) blog. Thanks for the postcard from the rain on the Rock experience. Thanks kids! We really loved the writing and look forward to seeing the opal. Lulu is (and we are) having lots of walks. Be the first to comment on our blog. Love to all, Nan & Pa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visting Let's go Moerkabout. Please leave a little message I love hearing what you have to say :)